- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College, Independent Provider
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Clinical Laboratory Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: 980-224-9298
CANCER: AN INSIDE LOOK AT CARING, CURING AND TREATING
Are you interested in a future in medicine? Oncology (treatment of cancer) is a leading medical specialty. In this online course, you’ll accompany a patient on their cancer journey. You’ll see what it’s like to be diagnosed, to receive treatment, and how people cope with its spread.
FOLLOW A PATIENT THROUGHOUT THE CANCER JOURNEY
Get a first-hand look at cancer through the patient experience. Delve into genetics and the role of family history in cancer, how cells transform from benign to malignant, and the definition of a tumor.
LEARN HOW CANCER IS DIAGNOSED
Understand how pathologists identify the clinical features of a skin lesion that are associated with melanoma. Learn the criteria for cancer staging and explore new research techniques.
SEE IF A FUTURE IN MEDICINE OR HEALTHCARE IS RIGHT FOR YOU
Topics covered in this course offer a good background for a future career as a physician, cancer specialist, nurse, social worker, physical therapist, or other healthcare-related fields.
For more information on the subject matter please visit our website.