- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Kenya
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: January, February, March, May, June, July, September, October, November
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: English as Second Language (ESL), International Relief, Youth Outreach, Literacy
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Career Clusters: Education and Training, Human Services
- Credit Awarded: No
Teach English, Mathematics, Science and other subjects at our primary schools in urban and rural areas of Kenya. No teaching certificate is required, but native English speakers are preferred.
Those volunteering for international teaching in Kenya are expected to have at least graduated from high school or be enrolled in a college. On completion of a mandatory overseas teaching orientation, the overseas volunteer teachers will be expected to work for between 4 to 5 hours a day.
The students range in age from 4 to 14 from pre-kindergarten to class 8. For the younger children, you can help them with conversational English, basic math, arts and crafts, board games, playground games, sports like soccer and running, music, and any other talents you wish to share. For the older students, you can teach more formal subjects like English, science, math, and history. The school schedule is Monday-Friday where the students do things like cross-country running, soccer, and basketball.
All classes are taught in English in Kenya.