- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Writing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Credit Awarded: No
Whether their preferred form is poetry, plays, short stories, novels, or nonfiction, our young storytellers have the opportunity to practice their writing in small, collaborative groups. Working in peaceful, open-air studios, writers build imaginative narratives and find their creative voices, while experimenting with the core elements of storytelling, including style, structure, setting, point of view, conflict, and resolution. Find out more!
Under the instruction of an experienced writing educator and practicing writer and poet, students spend their days playing writing and word games, writing, revising, sharing, collaborating, and drawing inspiration from Usdan’s campus and other art forms. All writing students gain invaluable editorial experience by shaping and contributing their works to a new installment of Usdan’s Literary Journal.