- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Music, Singing/ Vocal Training
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Usdan’s Music Department features small instrumental and vocal ensembles led by our incredible music faculty, made up of experienced educators and professional musicians and conductors. String, wind, brass, percussion, piano, guitar, and vocal students are welcome. Instrumentalists must have at least one year of experience playing their instrument.
This summer’s small group sizes allow young musicians and vocalists to experience a mix of both group and solo performance development. Music faculty aim to expand students' love of music with a wide range of repertoire from diverse genres, time periods, and composers. In addition to their daily ensemble rehearsals, students have the opportunity to learn secondary skills such as music theory and composition for instrumentalists and beginning piano and sight-singing for vocalists.
In order to ensure that our ensembles best serve the group, instrumentalists will be asked to submit a placement video shortly after enrollment.
In addition to their three-period Major, Music students enjoy a rotating one-period Recreational Activity every day with their group.
Music Majors take place in open-air studios with at least one side completely open and exposed to the surrounding woodland campus.