- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Dance instruction at Usdan is rigorous, caring, and fun. Small group sizes foster an intimate learning experience in which campers can build strong relationships with faculty and peers. Dance Majors are taught by experienced dance educators and professional dancers and choreographers. During their time in the studio, students are exposed to multiple dance styles and choreography, have an opportunity to learn about dance traditions, and engage in dance-making.
Campers with a wide-range of previous training can find an experience that is right for their level and interests. While the majority of our Majors welcome all levels, Rhythm Studies II and Classical Studies require previous dance experience and are noted as such on their class cards. In order to ensure that our classes best serve the group, our enrollment form includes questions about dance background. Usdan faculty may advise Major changes before camp begins if they think your child might benefit from taking an alternate Major.
In addition to their three-period Major, Dance students enjoy a rotating one-period Recreational Activity every day with their group. Visit our Recreational Arts page for more information.
Usdan’s Dance studios are spacious and mirrored, with vinyl “marley” floors (except for tap dance), and generous skylights that provide natural lighting. Studios are open-air, with one to three sides completely open and exposed to the surrounding woodland campus.
Classes offered include:
- Dance Adventure
- Next Generation Dance: Hip Hop & Contemporary
- Rhythm Studies: Tap & Hip Hop
- Jazz & Tap
- And more! Visit our website for more info.