- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Faith-Based
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Jump into Jacobs this summer!URJ Jacobs Camp is the Reform Jewish summer camp in Utica, Mississippi serving children from the Deep South.
Jacobs Camp is the Reform Jewish Movement’s summer camp serving the Deep South: Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Central & Western Tennessee and the Florida Panhandle. Since 1970, Jacobs has provided a caring Jewish community that has become a second home to many. Children from URJ congregations across the Deep South join together each summer to experience the fun and magic of Jewish camping.
Our caring and committed staff members (many of whom were campers themselves) strive to enrich the campers’ experiences by helping them build lasting friendships. These relationships lay the foundation for our summer community, providing encouragement and support. Our intimate camp environment allows campers to embrace the challenge of learning new skills in athletics, aquatics, the arts, and adventure and nature programs. What’s more, campers also immerse themselves in a wide range of innovative Jewish educational pursuits and creative spiritual experiences.
From the youngest of our campers to the oldest of our Gesher (Counselors-in-Training), every child who spends a summer at Jacobs Camp returns home a little wiser, a little more self-confident, and a little more connected to the Jewish community. A summer at Jacobs Camp is more than a summer of fun. A summer at Jacobs is meant to last a lifetime.
Mission of Henry S. Jacobs Camp
The mission of the URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp is to provide a high-quality Reform Jewish camping experience to the children of Southern Jewish communities that enriches and enhances their lives spiritually, intellectually, and physically in a safe and friendly family environment. Jacobs Camp seeks to fulfill its mission through a commitment to:
- Teaching Jewish values and instilling pride in our shared Jewish heritage.
- Providing an around-the-clock experience in Jewish living.
- Encouraging life-long friendship and relationships.
- Promoting healthy development of personal character.
- Enhancing Jewish living skills in an environment of high quality program, staff & facilities.
- Providing numerous positive adult Jewish role models.
- Deepening connections to Israel and the Hebrew language.
- Receiving active support and participation from all of our stakeholders.
- Reaching the broadest number of children possible.
- Serving families with roots in the South and connections to Jacobs Camp.
- Creating, every summer, "A Jewish Place at a Southern Pace."