- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Engineering, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Credit Awarded: No
The Summer Engineering Academy at The University of Tulsa for Precollege Students is for students interested in careers in electrical and mechanical engineering. This cost-free, day-only, commuter academy, allows students to experience engineering through hands-on design projects, seminars, industry professional interaction, and an integrated project related to traffic crash reconstruction.
The objectives of our program are:
- To make students aware of engineering career opportunities through hands-on design projects, seminars, and tours of local companies.
- To train middle school and high school teachers in engineering related activities and provide support to the teachers in implementing academy exercises within the teachers’ classroom during the regular school year.
- To attract more Oklahoma students into engineering study to help meet Oklahoma technical employer needs.
- To illustrate the need for students to develop math and science skills to tackle challenging and interesting engineering problems.