- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Length: One Week, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Career Clusters: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
These camps are designed to provide students with a broad exposure to the variety of engineering disciplines -- aerospace, civil & environmental, computer science, electrical, materials science and mechanical. Field trips to area businesses and team projects supplement the classroom activities.
The College of Engineering hosts several summer camps for students from grade 4 through newly graduated high school students. The camps are designed to be fun and educational experiences with a broad exposure to a variety of engineering disciplines, plus related topics in chemistry, physics, and/or math. Field trips to see engineering at work at area businesses and team projects supplement the classroom activities and hands-on experiences.