- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Music
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
Join us this summer on the beautiful campus of the University of Kansas and discover and develop your musical talents. Spend an inspiring week with students from across the country studying with our outstanding faculty and world renowned guest musicians.
The Midwestern Music camps are a comprehensive summer music program for students from grades 6 through 12. Programs are designed and closely supervised by KU faculty to create an ideal environment for students to grow as musicians and leaders, interacting with the finest teachers and performing at a high level. Dr. Matthew O. Smith, associate director of bands, is the camp administrator.
The three camp offerings are:
- Middle School Music Camp (Band and Orchestra)
- High School Music Camp (Band, Choir, and Orchestra) (grades 9 - 12)
- Jazz Workshop (grades 9 - 12) The KU Jazz Workshop is an exciting week of instruction and performance in all aspects of jazz with special emphasis placed on small group performance. The camp is open to individuals of high school age and older.