- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Two Months
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Language
- Sub-Categories: Arabic, Chinese, French
- Selective: No
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration, Government and Public Administration, Hospitality and Tourism
Learn an entire year of a language online in a summer! This program is ideal for academically advanced high school students who want the opportunity to either learn a new language or continue learning a language in classes with current UChicago students as well as visiting undergraduate and graduate students. Courses are between six and eight weeks long. Read each course listing carefully.
Students have the opportunity to take modern or ancient language courses. Beginning and intermediate intensive modern language courses are designed for students wishing to develop proficiency across all four language skills—speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Beginning and intermediate ancient language courses guide students in building and honing their reading abilities and their familiarity with ancient texts and culture.