- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: One Week, Other
- Entering Grade: PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: First Aid/CPR, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Tom Brown Jr., America's most renowned tracker and wilderness survival expert, has devoted his life to educating people in the skills of Tracking, Wilderness Awareness and Survival. Tom's program is based on the teachings of Stalking Wolf, the Apache elder from whom Tom began teaching.
At the Tracker School we offer over 100 different classes, most a week long, some a long weekend, and some live on line. Even though the number of classes seem staggering they hardly scrape the surface of all that Grandfather taught. The primitive skills courses are the foundation of what we teach in the Tracker classes today and the spiritual knowledge is the foundation of our Philosophy workshops. Each class stands on its own and moves the student further along in their education and mastery.
At the Tracker School, participants will be shown how to observe nature more deeply, and learn the basic philosophy that Tom considers the most important part of the school and the basis for all of his beliefs. Through skills including stalking (the ability to move silently and unseen through the forest) and camouflage (the means of concealment that allows one to become part of one's surroundings), students will learn how to immerse themselves in the natural world.
We also offer online courses! Check out our website to see dates, costs, the subject we cover, and how to sign up.