- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Language
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
Combining intensive Spanish classes, local homestay accommodation, daily cultural activities, and weekend adventure tours, the Teen Spanish Summer Camp fully immerses students in Costa Rica’s culture, language, and natural beauty.
Students will not only walk away with an increased confidence in speaking Spanish, but also with a worldly and cultural perspective on life… and an adventure to share with everyone back home!
High-school students who are looking for opportunity to expand their Spanish speaking skills, get a leg up in the language against their peers back home, and explore a new way of life in Central America will excel in this camp. Students should really want to be fluent in Spanish and should be ready to speak Spanish daily. We welcome the adventurous and the studious for a truly unique learning experience.
All meals, classes, tours, transportation, class materials, and activities are included in the camp. We provide 24/7 communication with parents and upload photos of the camp daily to instagram and Whatsapp text groups.
Included in the Camp:
- Small Group Spanish classes, 20 hours/week
- Spanish Oral examination to ensure proper Spanish class placement
- Homestay Accommodation – 2 meals/day, laundry, wifi
- Daily cultural activities; dance, yoga, art, cooking, soccer
- Mix of traditional and modern Costa Rica lunch provided daily
- Weekend adventure tours like white water rafting and national park tours
- Airport pick-up and drop-off (from SJO)
- Chaperones 24/7; 7:1 student-chaperone ratio
- Community service projects teaching English and working with children
- Program orientation and graduation ceremony
- Official certificates for Spanish and volunteering
- Daily updates to parents with photos and videos of camp activities
- Souvenir Spanish Camp T-shirt
Cost and Session Information
– At least 13 years of age, and no older than 17 years old
– Submit a motivation letter and reference letter written by a Spanish educator
– Be open-minded to new ways of life, new types of food, and new ways of doing things
– Adventurous; ready for a hike in the rainforest and a raft tour through the jungle
How to Book Your Program
– Step #1: Fill out the simple form on the right and a Program Advisor will contact you to confirm vacancy and send further details
– Step #2: Submit your deposit payment of $500.
– Step #3: Submit your motivation letter, a signed camp waiver, and a reference letter of a Spanish educator
– Step #4: You’re fully booked! Expect a welcome email and program updates as your start date draws nearer.