- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Months, Other
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Youth Outreach
- Selective: No
- Ages: 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The YMCA SF Chinatown has long been at the forefront of providing quality, low-cost programming for youth. Our programs are run by caring, experienced staff with a focus on youth development principles: safety, relationship building, skill building, community involvement, and meaningful youth participation.
Our Day Camp, Summer School, and Aquatics programs are looking for a few good volunteers. YMCA SF Chinatown Volunteers must apply, interview, and attend training to develop and refresh their interview, and attend training to develop and refresh their skills. If you are an entering junior or senior in high schoolor older interested in working with kids this summer, this is the place to be. Along with gaining over 200 hours of service hours, you’d work with a fun, caring staff and get first hand training in all aspects of camp counseling.