- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Six Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Special Needs
- Sub-Categories: Learning Differences
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Camp Dunnabeck is Kildonan's summer program for children ages 8 to 16. Established in 1955, Dunnabeck is the oldest residential program of its kind - founded specifically to help intelligent children with dyslexia or language based learning differences achieve academic success.
The Dunnabeck program balances dedicated language remediation with outstanding recreational activities. We pair every camper with an Orton Gillingham tutor for a one-to-one, one hour Language Training session every day. Each camper completes tutoring-based assignments in study hall, the length of which varies based on the child's age. When they're not studying, campers can choose from among a wide array of fun activities and weekend excursions, which tap into the natural resources of the campus and the region.
When campers return to school in the fall, they discover that they're rested, relaxed, and ready for success.
Cost and Session Information
2017 Camp Tuition and Fees
- Full Boarding Dunnabeck Camper: $11,000
- Includes six weeks of daily one-to-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring, all supplies, activities, weekend trips, and room and board for the summer program.
- Day Dunnabeck Camper: $8,250
- Includes six weeks of daily one-to-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring, all supplies, lunch, and daily activities for the summer program.
- Half-Day Camper: $5,500
- Includes six weeks of daily one-to-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring, all supplies, and relevant activities for the summer program.
- The only items not included in Dunnabeck tuition are bookbags, Cogmed, and doctors visits and prescriptions (when applicable).