- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Other, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Special Needs
- Sub-Categories: Learning Differences
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Established for nearly 50 years, The Glenholme School is the premier coeducational, boarding and day school for students, ages 10 to 21, with high functioning autism (ASD), ADHD, OCD, Tourette, depression, anxiety and various learning differences. The summer program serves students with the same profile.
GLENHOLME & THE SUMMER PROGRAM
Educating students from around the world since 1968, The Glenholme School provides a positive, motivational program designed to help young people with high functioning autism spectrum disorders (ASD),compulsive behaviors, depression, anxiety, and various learning differences build competence academically and socially. Glenholme’s summer program gives students a unique enrichment opportunity with morning academics and dedicated social instruction in the afternoons through a wide variety of recreational and therapeutic activities. Students find acceptance in this nurturing environment that pairs a positive living philosophy with a clear set of values to foster enthusiastic participation, improved self-confidence and success.The individualized program utilizes principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to help students accomplish their goals and meet their needs in a socially acceptable manner, while building upon their unique strengths, talents and interests. Assessment services are available and may include functional behavior analysis (FBA), behavior support plan, social skills assessments, as well as a treatment summary.
The Glenholme School is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and provides a comprehensive curriculum, encompassing college preparatory and career development courses, which results in a high school diploma. The education program is specifically designed on an individual basis and is compatible with each student’s strengths, talents and abilities. School transcripts are utilized to formulate appropriate class schedules and to fulfill credit requirements for graduation. Students are grouped together by their academic ability and course requirements.
RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES & OTHER INSTRUCTIONAL ACTIVITIES
It’s Summer! When there is ample time for education and recreation. The experienced faculty at Glenholme provide learning in unique, motivational and fun activities emphasizing social skills development. A selection of afternoon activities may include:
• Performing Arts • Improv Workshops • Jazz Dance • Dance • Music • Movie Club • Recording Studio • Singing • Talent Shows • Yoga • Basketball • Frisbee Golf • Golf • Horseback Riding • Paddle Tennis • Physical Fitness • Soccer • Softball • Swimming • Tennis • Volleyball • Arts & Crafts • Computers • Community Service • Cooking • Field Trips • Mad Scientist • Go Karts • Remote Control Cars • Rockets • Ropes Course