- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Reading, Writing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Thalia Book Club Camp is a unique program geared for avid readers and writers ages 9 - 14 offering up-close interaction with favorite children's book authors and illustrators. Campers will meet with children's book authors, take part in book discussions, and go on book-related field trips around NYC.
Thalia Kids' Book Camp
Author guests have included a diverse line-up of established writers and illustrators alongside emerging talents, each with a unique perspective on books and writing. Other art related activities included a book-making workshop with the Center for Book Arts, cartooning with a graphic novelist, and an exploration into comic books.
Each week, we go on a couple of adventures around the city with our author guests.
Camp will conclude with an informal performance of actors reading camp participants' writing.
Cost and Session Information
The 2017 schedule is as follows:
- Week 1: Ages 9-11: July 10-14
- Week 2: Ages 9-11: July 17-21
- Week 3: Ages 12-13: July 24-28
- Week 4: Ages 13-14: July 31-August 4
COST: Symphony Space members - $650.00/week; Non-members - $700.00/week