- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Music
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
Conveniently offered just prior to the Fall Semester, this one-week summer program consists of written and aural components. The course provides students with a thorough grounding in writing/singing fundamentals: keys, intervals, triads, 7th chords, and basic harmonic functions.
Students are introduced to solfege/ear-training: identifying intervals, triads, sight-singing basic melodies, dictation of basic melodies. This program is great preparation for college music majors or those interested in a deeper understanding of music overall!
For High School and College Students through Adults.