- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Sports
- Sub-Categories: Swimming
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Since its inception in 1984, swim gym has been recognized, around the world, as a leader in the field of aquatic education. Coach Robert Strauss, director, has taught in Miami, Florida since 1973.
By 2011 more than 45,000 students, 80% non-swimmers when they first started their lessons, have become safer, and competent in the pool and in the ocean. Coach Strauss’ experience is clearly reflected by every teacher trained with swim gym innovative cutting edge techniques; everyone has the passion and excitement required in a program in which the progress of every participant is measurable. Every staff member will create a friendly environment for their students, using pedagogical sound teaching practices that result in a successful swimming experience. Regardless of age, from infants to senior citizens, everyone walks away with safety, fitness, friends and fun!
Three South Florida locations:
- Miami Beach