- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
By working at SLC, you’ll gain skills you can take with you and strengthen your credentials for the job market. Leadership, decision-making, responsibility for program and people, collaborative team skills: all are daily components of your day at SLC.
With a summer staff of 270, Surprise Lake Camp thrives on its diverse and inclusive community. We hire staff who are committed to upholding SLC’s philosophy and values, and we respect the diversity among campers and staff. Such diversity includes, but is not limited to, differences in racial, cultural, religious, geographic, and ethnic origin; economic status; sexual orientation; gender identity; and age. Our differences are a core community strength.
This job counts on you to take the lead, organize a team, plan, implement, manage, and reflect on your work, with mentors supporting you. Our staff members join SLC to give to others, but they gain so much in return!
We offer a competitive salary and a summer home in the beauty of the Hudson Valley. You’ll enjoy days and evenings off to explore the area. You can even spend the day in NYC, because an easy Metro-North train trip will bring you right to Grand Central Station.