- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Sports
- Sub-Categories: Surfing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
Come join our Teen Costa Rica Surf & Adventure Camp for the two week surf experience of a lifetime! This adventure is for beginner to advanced surfers ages 14-18 who want to learn how to surf or improve their skills while being immersed in the culture of Costa Rica.
Come join our Teen Costa Rica Surf & Adventure Camp for the two week surf experience of a lifetime! This adventure is for beginner to advanced surfers ages 14-18 who want to learn how to surf or improve their skills while being immersed in the culture of Costa Rica. Come have the time of your life while surfing several of Costa Rica’s best breaks and exploring the Guanacaste region “Pura Vida” style! We have been offering camps here since 2005 as the tropical climate, year-round waves, and 80 degree water temperatures make it a go-to destination for all levels of surfers.
With a 3:1 camper to instructor ratio, the personalized coaching each participant receives during this camp is unmatched. More advanced surfers will learn new maneuvers and break out of their comfort zones while less experienced surfers will progress to paddling into their own waves and learning about wave dynamics.
Campers will have their choice of boards from our full quiver or you may bring up to two of your own.
Costa Rica is one of the safest and easiest international travel destinations in the surfing world. This is an extremely safe and sustainable country with no standing military. Their focus is on creating greater equality of wealth among citizens and protecting their natural resources with over a quarter of the country set aside for conservation. With a brand new renovated international airport in Liberia and well-maintained highways, Costa Rica is very welcoming to tourists. Most of its people have learned to speak English and they accept the US dollar as currency. Due to its friendly culture and “rich coastal” natural resources, Costa Rica is rated one of the hottest eco-travel destinations in the world!
- Extensive daily surf instruction at various breaks
- Zip-line tour through the rainforest canopy while seeing monkeys and iguanas
- Exploring Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park
- Conversational Spanish instruction
- Cultural exploration of Costa Rica's amazing ecosystems
- Earn 10 community service hours