- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Kayaking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Community School's Learn to Kayak program is designed for young adventurers eager to learn about the sport of Whitewater Kayaking.
During this program, campers will be introduced and taught the skills necessary to begin traveling on the river. Kayaking will help improve their confidence and inspire growth in the abiltiies. Students will also develop the important skills of leadership and decision making. Throughout the four days, students will learn alongside a small group on Idaho's Salmon River. With the help of certified and experienced instructors, students will surely learn all the techniques to have a safe and fun time on the river. In addition to kayaking, they can expect to camp, make new friends, and eat excellent food prepared by Sunbeam Cafe.