- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Multi-Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The SUMMER CHALLENGE program, for 7th, 8th and 9th graders, offers traditional activities such as crafts, swimming, sports and games as well as some more project-based activities that vary each 2 weeks and can include movie-making, electronics, songwriting, fashion design, zip-lining, and more. Find out more!
In addition, each Challenge session includes at least one: late-night, field trip, and several include an overnight adventure.
Our programs include Summerkids, for K-6th graders, and Summer Challenge, for junior highers. They are the only summer camps in the greater Pasadena area to be held on a real campground. We have been cited multiple times by the Pasadena Weekly as the “best camp” in the Pasadena area. (We did not run camp in 2020, and they did not award the prize for 2021.)
All of our programs are held on a nearly-57-acre property in Altadena, at the edge of the Angeles National Forest. The campsite is a safe and secure location that includes beautiful meadows, a stream, lodge, cabins, pool, garden, sports fields, playgrounds, kitchen and more.
Our goal today is the same as it was when we began: to make summer a special time when your children can grow and play and learn new skills in an environment of natural beauty and caring staff.