- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Fashion
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Call: +44 (0)20 7352 4256
Want to learn about fashion? Want to make your own designs? Based in Chelsea, we offer 10-19 year olds fantastic high-end intensive residential and non-residential fashion programmes designed to give you a real insight into the current fashion industry.
10 - 13 year olds: Fashion Express
We've created this course to include younger fashionistas with a focus on having fun, creating, designing and sewing in the studio. This workshop is perfect for those not yet old enough for our 10 day programme, who'd love to learn about fashion and design.
14 - 19 year olds: Fashion Luxe) & Ready-to-Wear
Based in Kensington and Chelsea College in fully equipped studios with industry experts and tutors from design, manufacture and merchandising, you’ll learn how to:
- Research and use various design development methods
- Complete a fashion brief based on a current designer/brand
- Complete projects based on the exhibitions we visit
- Draw fashion illustrations
- Utilise trend forecasting within your design
- Create mood boards and learn why designers use them
- Drape on the stand using luxury fabrics
- 3D pattern cutting masterclass
- Build your fabric knowledge base
- Pattern cut and construct a garment using specialist techniques
Visit exciting exhibitions and talks:
- Fashion exhibitions and museums such as the Fashion & Textile Museum, the V&A and Saatchi Gallery
- Harrods experience to see their ‘superbrands’
- Talks from fashion industry experts
- Fashion history talk
- A fashion education, careers and CV talk
- Exclusive fashion tours such as Central Saint Martins, a prestigious fashion university
Our Fashion Luxe programme also features:
- Mayfair boutiques and galleries (London’s famous Bond Street and Dover Street)
- The Berkeley for afternoon tea (Prêt-à-Portea)
- Harrods experience to include ‘superbrands’, food hall and light meal
- Brunch at The Ivy
- Farm Girl Cafe
- Lunch at a nearby on-trend restaurant
After a fun-packed 10 days, you’ll take home:
- Design development sheets
- A sketchbook bursting with creativity
- A fashion diary with insider knowledge and exhibition literature
- Your own mood boards
- Unique patterns made by you
- Observational fashion illustrations
- Fashion quizzes
- An experimental garment made by yourself from your capsule collection
- The Summer Fashion School London tote bag full of goodies
- A certificate of completion
- International friends and unforgettable memories!
With over 50 years combined experience, we know all about fashion! We inspire and promote enquiring young minds for the diversity of the fashion future and provide students with an insider’s view into the current fashion industry – it’s what we do best.
Caroline, the school director, is a mother herself and understands the importance of student safety - all of our teaching staff have current DBS certificates and keep a friendly eye on the students’ wellbeing. We’re also first aid trained and experienced with various medical conditions and disabilities/children requiring special adjustments.
Just off King’s Road, Chelsea in the delightful Lightfoot Hall, with great views across London. If you decide to board with us, the hall is protected with an on-site 24 hour security team and is a friendly, relaxed environment with two large common rooms - so you’ll always be able to find somewhere for a chat or a quiet area to research and develop your designs. There’s also delicious home cooked food freshly prepared daily.
Cost and Session Information
Fees in GBP.
10 - 13 year olds: Fashion Express (12 - 16 August 2019) - £450 for 5 days (non-residential)
14 - 19 year olds:
Fashion Luxe (18 - 27 July 2019) - Fees starting from £1,733 for non-residential and £2,750 residential (all inclusive)
Ready-to-Wear (28 July - 6 August 2019) - Fees starting from £1,248 for non-residential and £1,980 for residential
Please visit our website or get in touch if you have any questions!