- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: STEM
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
Rising 8th-12th graders can enjoy a six-week college prep boarding experience at Admiral Farragut Academy and earn a high school credit in math, biology, or history. The program also offers two-week sessions for fun courses like scuba, aviation, and engineering.
This six-week summer boarding program is for teens entering grades 8-12 which includes living on campus while attending college-prep classes and participating in fun activities. Summer@Farragut also exposes students to cultural diversity, provides a focused learning environment, and helps students become socially mature. The program is held on Admiral Farragut Academy's waterfront campus.
Academic & Fun Opportunities
The summer boarding program is divided into three, two-week elective sessions. Teens can also choose to enroll in a single elective session, two elective sessions, or all three. The completion of a full six-week academic course earns one high school credit. Elective and recreational classes meet for two weeks each.
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- SAT Prep
- English Credit Recovery
- Marine Science
- Creative Writing
- FAA Drone Certification. Additional $1,000 fee applies. The student must be 16 years of age and be fluent in English.
- Sports (basketball, soccer, tennis)
- Scuba (Proficiency in English Required)
Activities & Recreation
Additionally, Summer@Farragut seeks to augment the teens' total experience by providing a fun, recreational component that promotes teamwork and fosters unity. The Daily & Weekend Activities' Schedule is complemented with competitions and off-campus excursions including:
- Trips to nearby world-renowned beaches like Clearwater Beach
- Action-packed attractions like Busch Gardens and Disney World
- Beautiful state parks like Fort DeSoto
- Campus recreational opportunities like sailing, paddleboarding, and fishing at the waterfront
Meet New Friends from All Over the World
Students will strengthen their academia, as well as, learn from others in an international setting. Summer@Farragut has students attend from China, Germany, Russia, Hungary, Spain, Greece, Bermuda, Colombia, and different states within the United States of America.