- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: France
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: College, Private School
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
The Paris College of Art Summer Program offers an exciting set of courses with a modern edge in the historically and artistically rich city of Paris. Areas of study include Liberal Studies/Art History, Fashion, Fine Arts, Photography anf Film. Courses are two-week long.
Paris will serve as both a subject matter and a source of inspiration. Studio work, lectures, and independent research projects will allow students to develop new skills, refine their understanding of art and design, and create portfolio pieces for college or graduate school admissions.
Courses are offered by level: Pre-College: Must be at least 16 years old at the start of the program and Undergraduate + Adult: Must be at least 19 years old or a rising second-year university student at the start of the program, or individuals who have completed bachelor level studies and/or working professionals.
All courses are taught in English. The summer programs starts in June throughout July.
There are five areas of study for Pre-College students and Undergraduate + Adult students:
- Architecture and Interior Design: Drafting & Modelling, an intro to CAD | Wonderful Paris: Drawing from Architecture and Interior Design
- Liberal Studies/Art History: Paris Through its Museums and Artistic Sites
- Fashion: Fashion Drawing in Paris, 100 illustrations challenge | Couture Craftsmanship
- Fine Arts: Experimental Drawing | Printmaking & Book Binding | Create your Artist Book: Documenting the Café Culture in Paris | Drawing for Portfolio: Skills Development | Drawing for Portfolio: Concept Development
- Photography: Paris in Black and White | Fashion Editorial | Paris Fashion Week: Street Style Fashion Photography | Documentary Photography in Paris: Capturing the Essence of a City | Basics of Filmmaking
To learn more about session dates, specific course offerings, costs, and other important details, be sure to check out our website!
Cost and Session Information
June 11 – June 22, 2018 | June 25 – July 6, 2018 | July 9 – July 20, 2018
Tuition and Fees
Tuition fees are listed with each course; select the credit or non-credit option of your choice.
2-week Courses | Non Credit: 1500 € | 2 Credits: 2000 €
Housing is optional. Two options are available: one for students under 18 years of age, the other for students 18 and above.
Citadines (under 18): 1103€ for two weeks
Comfort of Home (18 and above): 700€ for two weeks + a security deposit