- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Environmental Science, Wildlife Conservation
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Credit Awarded: No
SCA’s National Crews offer you a chance to visit places you’ve never seen before, camping with your crew members in the ?eld to enjoy nature at its best. You’ll be building trails, conserving vital habitats, and protecting natural resources for future generations. National Crews will also set you on the path to other SCA opportunities, like Conservation Internships and team-based Corps positions.
SCA National Crews for high school students have a long and renowned heritage. Little has changed about these landmark volunteer experiences since SCA introduced them more than 60 years ago – until now. The challenges facing our public lands and shared environment are vastly different today than they were six decades ago. After seeking and reviewing feedback from past SCA crew members, leaders, and host sites, SCA is now working with leading figures from the conservation and service fields to reimagine SCA crews and to ensure their continued positive impact – on lands and lives – well into the future. Please note that as we conduct this analysis, SCA will field fewer national crews this summer than in years past. However, the quality and caliber of these SCA experiences will remain unsurpassed. We look forward to reviewing your application but wanted you to know in advance of the temporary reduction in SCA crew opportunities. Thank you.