- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: STEM
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Career Clusters: Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
This is a 2-day online Bootcamp on User Experience and Mobile App Design with teens (12-17) . Teens(12-17) will be asked to take part in a 2-day boot camp conducted through Zoom. The boot camp will be part of a research study in which teens will learn about user experience, storyboarding and prototyping through creating scenarios based on their unsafe experiences on social media in the past and will design features and solutions for online risks. Find out more!
Each day of the boot camp will last approximately 4 hours each day (after-school or on the weekend). Participants can sign up for any of the workshops in summer based on their availability. Teens will require parental consent to participate in the boot camp. The goal of this boot camp is to teach teens about user experience and online safety, by providing them with hands on experience developing solutions and prototypes for dealing with online risk. The workshop is free to attend, and the data will be used for the purpose of research. Teens will receive a certificate of completion for completing the study. Here are the eligibility criteria for participating in the boot camp:
• Teens between 12-17 years old.
• Teens based in the United States and are English speakers.
• Teens must have access to a computer and video calling capabilities.