- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Debate
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
University of Miami's Public Speaking and Argumentation program is designed to empower young students to develop their thinking and speaking skills.
Through learning the art of public expression, participants will grow as writers, listeners, speakers, thinkers, and leaders. Every day, they will participate in games and exercises involving public speaking. They are expected to partake in different styles of debate and be able to deliver impromptu and prepared speeches. With the help of experienced staff, students will learn to cope with speaking anxieties and become more composed. They will also meet new friends through the group activities and discussions. Students will walk away from this program with the ability to organize and support their own ideas, to evaluate and respond to others, and deliver effective messages.