- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: May, June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Engineering, Aerospace
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Career Clusters: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
Since opening in 1982, Space Camp has provided a unique, hands-on, STEM experiences for students of all ages to train like astronauts! Space Camp offers one-of-a-kind, week-long experiences at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, the Official Visitor Center for NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
Advanced Space Academy
Advanced Space Academy® explores college- and career preparation through an immersive experience in science, technology, engineering and math. Trainees undergo a variety of astronaut training exercises, engineering challenges, and teambuilding activities, all culminating in an extended-duration simulated space mission.
- Prepare for every contingency as you go to Mars on an extended-duration mission simulation!
- Train like an astronaut on the 1/6th Gravity Chair and the Multi-Axis Trainer. Design, build and launch a team rocket, and safely recover its payload.
- Learn teambuilding skills on the High Elements Ropes Course. Experience neutral buoyancy while SCUBA diving in the Underwater Astronaut Trainer! (Pending physician approval) SCUBA form.
- Test your skills in our Engineering Challenges by constructing a heat shield and building a Rover.
- Fly jet aircraft simulators!
- Discover the role the International Space Station plays in our global community.
- Earn one credit hour of freshman-level general science from University of Alabama in Huntsville in this college-accredited program!