- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: May, June, July, August, September, October
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Two Months, Other
- Entering Grade: 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Mental Health & Well-Being
- Sub-Categories: Outdoor Behavior Therapy Program
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
Soltreks offers programs for young adults, families, and older adults challenged with confidence, motivation, relationships, expression, or transitions. Soltreks creates an opportunity for maximum psychological safety and teaches strategies for reclaiming personal power.
In addition to the One-on-One treks, Soltreks growth includes a summer adventure program, family treks, a young adult program and treks for adults. Group size remains small to ensure the unique attention to detail each participant and family receives. Soltreks growth through the years has also included some of the most dedicated and gifted people in the industry.
The Young Adult program provides a focused learning opportunity to support young people facing transitions into college, community and adulthood with greater meaning and purpose. Students practice boundary setting, intentional dialogue, supportive feedback, while developing life skills and leadership. Lessons foster self-reliance, trust and intentionality as students identify their strengths and healthy strategies for coping with life’s challenges. Flexible trek length with an average length of stay of 21 days to 6 weeks.
Young Adults (age: 18-25)
- Small groups 1:3 staff to student ratio (up to 6 students/group)
- Flexible enrollment and length of stay
- Backpacking, hiking, canoe expedition, Sea kayaking and service learning
- Assessment with recommendations for transition structure
The Soltreks Program is a diverse program that includes backpacking on the Superior Hiking Trail and a canoe expedition in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in northern Minnesota. Sea Kayaking in Voyageurs NP. The area provides outstanding opportunities for photography and fishing.
Each session integrates journaling, adventure activities, and natural history of the area while focusing on personal empowerment and identifying issues that impact their relationships and choices. Soltreks’ Director and instructional staff are intentional with consistent communication regarding student’s program goals, weekly progress, and transition plan.