- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Sports
- Sub-Categories: Running, Water Sports, Multi-Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
The Maine Cross Country Running Camp is a balanced week of intense training, core mileage, information sessions, and proper recovery, stretching and injury-prevention drills. The camp stresses the character-building aspect of running, bolstering runners' spirits of self-reliance and work ethic. We see distance running as a way of life that can help campers achieve healthy bodies, tough minds, and lifelong friendships in addition to important achievements and trophies. Find out more!
Emphasizes base mileage and strength training, with many runs on forest trails, and strength training. Daily lectures include topics such as cross training, core strengthening, warm-ups, and race tactics. Campers include runners of all abilities from all-star high school runners to runners who are just getting started in the sport. Daily lectures from current college runners include topics such as cross training, core strengthening, warming up for races, and race tactics.