- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Social Justice, Leadership
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The inaugural Summer Equity and Justice Institute is a series of weekly sessions designed to engage students in their examination of what defines leadership in the 21st century. Sidwell Friends rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students are eligible to earn 5-10 hours toward their 60-hour community engagement graduation requirement by participating in Summer Equity and Justice Institute sessions.
Inspiring ethical leadership is a hallmark of the Sidwell Friends education and Strategic Plan. The sessions provide opportunities to explore the rewards and challenges of serving the common good, framed with a different topic every week. Participants will learn skills and tools to help them work on social justice causes and look at the interconnectedness of critical issues facing our world today and in the future.
All sessions are conducted in person and space is limited to allow for physical distancing. Participants are welcome to register for as many weekly sessions as they would like. Pricing is per weekly session.
Participants should bring a laptop or tablet with wi-fi capability each day.