- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, September
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Career Exploration
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Internships, Work Experience
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: Free
We're looking for bright, outgoing and motivated Chicago area teens for our work-study program. Applicants should possess or want to develop strong communication skills and a connection to Shedd's collection and mission, and have a desire to work in a team environment interacting with the public. This is a professional paid work experience.
Individuals interested in sharing animal information with guests will work with Shedd's Guest Engagement staff to learn the art of connecting animals with guests while in Shedd's exhibits. They will facilitate theme-based interpretation, play engagements and other educational experiences.
REQUIREMENTS: A work permit is required for accepted applicants who are 15 years old.
Cost and Session Information
Summer and school year hours are available.
FALL/SPRING SCHEDULE: Saturdays or Sundays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
SUMMER SCHEDULE: Three days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.