- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Marine Biology, Scuba Diving, Preserving the Environment
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
The summer camp for 10-17 year-olds began in 1966 and emphasizes marine research and exploration using snorkeling and scuba skills as well as the more traditional camp activities of sailing, lifesaving, windsurfing, photography, arts and crafts and campcraft. In 1970 Newfound Harbor Marine Institute evolved to provide a marine studies field camp for public and private schools, teaching snorkeling skills used to study the coral reef, shallow bay, and mangrove communities.
Founded in 1966, Seacamp Association offers marine science education and a full suite of water sports and activities including SCUBA, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, fishing, arts & crafts, and many more.
Campers 12-17 years old enjoy these activities and many more in a traditional summer camp setting. Our highly trained staff, many of whom are with us year round, come from all over the US and the world.
Given our beautiful ocean front setting, health and safety practices are rigorously reviewed and observed. Over the last 50+ years, we have developed and refined best in class protocols to improve our camp community.