- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Other
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Career Clusters: Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications
- Credit Awarded: No
The HSArts Advanced Ballet Intensive is where serious dancers come to refine their technique, improve their flexibility and skills, and expand their repertoire in a fun, focused environment. Join Mr. Dongsheng Wei and other internationally-acclaimed dance teachers to take your skills to the next level.
This summer's intensive incorporates training in the Vaganova method to develop an understanding of ballet technique and technical excellence. Students will learn repertoire to showcase in a demonstration on the final day of the intensive. The daily schedule is from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and will include:
- Ballet Technique
- Classical Ballet Variation
- Character Dance / Contemporary
- Chinese Ethnic and Folk Dance
- Flexibility and Conditioning / Dance Kinesiology
Audition or invitation required. Scholarship opportunities available for talented dancers.
All students applying:
1. Must be 10-16 years old.
2. Must be intermediate level and up.
3. Must have a minimum of 3 consecutive years of ballet training. Pointe training is recommended.
4. Must be currently in dance training, and be able to dance four to five hours daily, five days a week.