- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: March, April, June, July, August, September, November, December
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: College Experience, Pre-Med, STEM, Veterinary Medicine, Bio Technology, Gifted, Biology, Chemistry, Work Experience, Neuroscience
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Call: (858) 205-7479
The Rosetta Institute of Biomedical Research offers Molecular Medicine workshops for high achieving high school and middle school students interested in pursuing a career in medicine or related fields, such as pharmacy, nursing or medical research. Offered year-round. Online/Residential/Commuter options available.
We offer several workshops – Molecular Biology of Cancer, Molecular Neuroscience, Molecular Immunology, Molecular Biology of Aging, Medicinal Chemistry, Medical Bioinformatics, Covid-19: Biology/Immunity/Medicine, Intro to Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Cancer Research, Immunology Research and Biomedical Research – that are taught by PhD-level instructors with years of research and teaching experience. Through engaging lectures and hands-on laboratory classes, students learn normal molecular and cellular biology, and then learn how these normal processes are disrupted or distorted during the development of disease. In addition, there is a heavy emphasis on modern drug development and the emergence of the era of personalized medicine. To conclude the workshop, students use what they have learned to create an original research project on a gene or molecular process of their choice.
More broadly, workshop attendees make friends from around the world, strengthen their academic skills, and experience college dorm life in a safe environment.
Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer workshops are scheduled.