- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: March, June, September
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Design, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Rhode Island School of Design's Advanced Program Online is a series of intensive, collegiate-level courses for students in grades 10-12 (or the equivalent) who are 15-18 years old. This immersive online experience is designed for those interested in pursuing art and design in college and want to learn best practices in producing portfolio work.
Follow a flexible schedule that works for your life
Through a mix of live and recorded video sessions using Zoom and our learning management system, you will share work in progress, present projects and ideas, and connect with instructors one-on-one and in small groups.
Apply to the Certificate Program
RISD’s Advanced Program Online offers a certificate track for students who want to expand their skill sets and portfolio. The certificate program is designed for rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors who are planning to study art and design at college.
These online pre-collegiate courses are offered in the spring, summer, and fall.
Essential Fundamentals Courses:
- Experiential Drawing
- Exploration in Design
Concentration / Featured Topic Courses:
- Animation: Beyond Entertainment
- Architecture: Adaptable Spaces
- Art and Social Justice
- Documentary Photography: Series Development
- Drawing and Mixed Media: Expressive Ideation
- Fashion and Feminism: Forward Form
- Graphic Design: Visualizing and Communicating Data
- Illustration and Identity: Finding Your Voice
- Interpreting the Figure: Culture and Context
- Sculpture: Assemblage of Ideas