- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Raquette Lake’s camp program is 7 weeks long — long enough for a child to truly immerse themselves in the Raquette Lake experience. Days begin at 7:30am and end around 9pm. The hours in-between are broken up into a familiar rhythm of meals, activities, periods of rest, more activities, more food, and then something special and unexpected. Every day is full and memorable in its own right.
Children don’t need to go away to sleep-away camp to swim, play tennis, or make lanyards. They can stay home and do those things. They go to sleep-away camp for the friendships and those take time.
For most children, camp is the first time they are away from their families, living with other children for an extended period of time. It takes time for children to become acclimated to bunk life and comfortable enough to start getting close to their fellow campers. Acquaintances made at a 3 or 4 week camp are fine, but it takes a 7 week camp to give a child really close friends.