- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Gifted
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Call: (765) 494-7252
Since 1974, GER2I has engaged gifted, creative, and talented students from around the world in camps designed to stimulate imagination and expand abilities.
Students in grades 5-12 take challenging courses and participate in fun small group activities. GER2I offers 2 sessions in July. The Gifted Education Research & Resource Institute (GER2I) at Purdue University is an innovative center dedicated to the discovery, study, and development of human potential. GER2I's mission is holistic development of giftedness, creativity, and talents among individuals throughout their lifespan. This is, in part, accomplished through enrichment programs for gifted, creative, and talented youth.
We have so much to offer middle and high school students! Students will develop critical thinking skills by investigating current, real-life issues; discover mysteries in the world of physics, chemistry, and technology; and create videos, paintings, models, and computer games. Students can also expect to venture into new subjects like forensic science, nanotechnology, and robotics; experience international cultures; renew old friendships and build new ones.
What will teens and young adults experience at GER2I Summer Camps at Purdue?
- Personal attention from talented and caring staff members
- Intellectual challenges
- Friendships with others from around the world who share similar interests
- Enjoyable learning and social experiences
Sessions run during June and July.