- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance, Musical Theatre Arts, Acting
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
Students at Point Park's High School Summer Theatre Intensive receive comprehensive training in a professionally oriented 3-week program. Our program is based on collaboration, active participation, and personalized instruction offered in a rigorous and supportive environment.
Students attend classes and workshops five days each week with an emphasis on all aspects of Musical Theatre, including acting and stage management/design/technical theatre. Students receive daily technique classes in acting, voice (both group and private), and dance/musical theatre movement from the highest-quality teachers and industry professionals. The program culminates in a working showcase open to family/friends in the PNC Theatre at The Pittsburgh Playhouse.