- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
For more than 30 years, this comprehensive dance program has brought a wide-ranging curriculum to students across the country and around the globe.
Students may choose between 3 and 6 week sessions.
Daily technique classes for both the 3-week and 6-week sessions are offered in ballet, jazz, and modern, all with a live accompanist. These are supplemented by pointe and variations, male-specific technique, pas de deux, tap, music for dancers, pilates, and yoga.
Evening rehearsals for the 6-week participants are geared toward two performances that will take place in the new Pittsburgh Playhouse PNC Theatre: Friday, July 31 at 7:30pm and Saturday, August 1 at 2:30pm. These are open to friends and family.
An audition is required and can be done on-campus, at one of 3 remaining regional auditions (Los Angeles, Brooklyn, or Falls Church, VA) or by video submission. Visit our website (www.pointpark.edu/summerdance) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details on audition requirements and tuition.
Come join nationally and internationally recognized teaching artists, choreographers, and directors for an unforgettable experience!