- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Musical Theatre Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Plugged In is a nonprofit rock band program in Needham teaching kids about using music to create positive change in the world.
Summer camp programming includes ensemble band classes, songwriting, recording, creating a music video, performing and workshops in music theory, rhythm, performance, music business, instrument making, improvisation, live sound and music for social change. At the end of each 4-week session, students will perform in a benefit concert that will raise money for a cause chosen by the students themselves.
Plugged In provides a fun, nurturing and supportive community to which young musicians feel a sense of belonging, an opportunity to express and be acknowledged for their musical interests and a chance to use their music to help others around the world.
Students are broken up into bands grouped by age, skill level and music genre. At the end of the summer camp, students will have:
- Written an original song
- Record an original song
- Create a music video
- Create a video for end of session concert
- Have an online concert streamed on youtube
- And more!
To find more about session dates, costs, and how to sign up, check out our website!