- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Writing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
During the summer, Spells hosts a free 6-week writing camp with morning sessions for ages 7–12 and afternoon sessions for ages 12–16. Each week-long program focuses on a different writing theme, such as adventure stories, songwriting, mysteries, or animation.
But our campers don’t just sit around writing all the time—we find inspiration for our stories through interactive games, group brainstorming sessions, and outdoor play.
Students may sign up for individual weeks or for the entire 6-week session. Registration is free, but requires a refundable deposit of $25 per student.