- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Enrichment
- Sub-Categories: Healthcare
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Credit Awarded: No
Learn first aid basics for the most common emergencies, including how to recognize them, call for help, and perform lifesaving skills. Open to students entering grades 9-12.
The First Responder Basic program will provide Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, AED and Stop the Bleed Tourniquet training. The course will cover basics for the most common first aid emergencies including how to recognize them, call for help, and perform lifesaving skills. Participants will have the opportunity to earn an official, nationally recognized certification in each of the three areas.