- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Career Exploration
- Sub-Categories: Automotive
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Career Clusters: Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
- Credit Awarded: No
Enjoy working with your hands? Considering a career as an auto technician? Get to work in our advanced learning labs and see if a career in automotive is right for you. Open to students entering grades 10-12.
Automotive students will be exposed to the basics of automotive service. Students will learn how to replace a wheel/tire assembly, replace and balance a tire, remove and replace disc brake pads, change oil and filter, replace filters, remove and reinstall spark plugs, change various exterior light bulbs, use a dynamometer, and drive an electric car.