- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Healthcare
- Sub-Categories: Pre-Med, STEM, Bio Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Healthcare, Dentistry, Mental/Behavioral Health, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Sports Medicine
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: IECA Associate Member
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (984) 369-9922
- Meeting: Schedule a Meeting
Outset is a 2-week summer program on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill for high school students interested in medicine or healthcare careers. For ages 15-18.
The pre-med path is challenging. Get a headstart with Outset.
It is a well-known fact that most students who start college on the pre-med track will not stick with it. This is often due to a lack of preparation and understanding of what's required to succeed. Get a headstart in high school with Outset. Outset has designed a world-class educational curriculum that helps high schools students (a) understand and prepare for the pre-med path and (b) get excited about medicine.
Outset is designed for high school students interested in medicine. If that's you, join us for two weeks of world-class learning and fun on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill.
Explore a medical career
Our curriculum helps you understand medical careers and what it's like to be a physician.
Get inspired by physicians and faculty at North Carolina's leading medical schools and hospitals.
Insider pre-med tips
Get a head-start on the pre-med path and get our insider tips on how to be a successful pre-med.
Two weeks on campus at UNC-Chapel Hill
Live in dorms with other students on campus at UNC-Chapel Hill. Experience university life firsthand.
Hospital & med school tours
Visit some of North Carolina's top medical schools and hospitals and hear what it takes to get there.
Community & fun
Build friendships and a network of like-minded peers across North Carolina on the pre-med path.
Cost and Session Information
Tuition, room, and board is $5975. We do have some financial aid available, so please apply if interested and we will send you our financial aid form. The fees cover:
- Housing at UNC-Chapel Hill
- All meals (in UNC dining halls)
- 24/7 trained onsite staff
- Outset Pathways™ curriculum
- Speakers, tours & events
- Evening & weekend activities
- 7:1 staff to student ratio
- And more