- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Music, Singing/ Vocal Training
- Selective: No
- Ages: 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
The Summer Institute of Music Production Technology, or "SIMP-T" for short, is an excellent opportunity for any high school upperclassman who sings or plays a musical instrument. Find out more!
Throughout the program, students will work together in smaller groups to create original songs and practice performing their work live. With the help of faculty and peer review, students will have the tools necessary to produce a professional song. The program has a focus on mastering, mixing, field recording, editing, and creating a studio. There will also be lessons on the physics of sound, microphones, and hearing. Though the program is virtual, there will be a lot of innovative methods designed to solve any technical problems that may arise. Interested students are required to submit recommendation letters. They can also choose to submit an audition video of the applicant singing or playing an instrument.