- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Multi-Arts, Music
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
The New York University Steinhardt Percussion Studies Program is hosting a virtual workshop designed for high school, college, and professional percussionists. Find out more!
This four-day program will focus on studying the technique of Broadway percussion. Taking place via the Zoom platform, exclusive classes will be presented by percussionists who work on Broadway. This is certainly an excellent opportunity for aspiring musicians to be introduced to and connect with top contractors, percussionists, and conductors on Broadway. Students can expect to learn more about show setup, technical aspects, subbing on Broadway, and leadership! Though the program is virtual for this summer, students will be sent material including scores, pit recordings, and conductor videos. Since no audition is required, this program is truly a great fit for percussionists of every skill level and ambition!