- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Sports
- Sub-Categories: Rowing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
Learn to Row offers boys and girls ages 13 to 18 years old the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of rowing while getting actual experience crewing a racing shell. It's a great opportunity to acquire new skills, try out a fascinating sport, and improve conditioning.
The course is designed for teens with no rowing experience. Participants will learn sweep and scull rowing techniques in four and eight-person shells. The course is co-ed and is coached in a well-organized and non-competitive atmosphere.
Classes are held Monday-Friday from 5-7pm at our boathouse.
New this summer is the addition of a Level 2 course for those interested in continuing to learn more about the sport and advanced rowing techniques.