- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts, Musical Theatre Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
If you’re a high school or college level student and aren’t sure if our full time program is right for you, you can get a taste of the business first-hand through our unique New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts (NYCDA) Summer Acting Training Program.
It’s a rigorous, but exhilarating four-week program that offers you a challenging opportunity to explore acting techniques, camera performance skills, commercial basics, film and TV basics, improvisation and more, with a dedicated, professional faculty of working actors and directors. You’ll interact with students from all over the U.S. and the world and be part of a truly unique New York cultural experience.
You’ll even earn six transferable college credits once you successfully complete the 4-week program. You’ll also participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities that only New York can offer – all safe and completely chaperoned. These include meeting industry movers and shakers from agents to casting directors to real actors with helpful advice. Dormitory housing can be provided at our Livingston St. student residence. Located in beautiful, historic Brooklyn Heights, it is a 20-minute subway ride from NYCDA.
Auditions are required to be a part of the program. To learn more about how to audition, program costs, session dates, and housing costs, check out our website!